Jharkhand Academic Council declares 10th board results: 95.93 percent students pass

Ranchi: The Jharkhand Academic Council on late Thursday afternoon declared the results of the 10th board exam in which a total of 95.93 percent students were declared passed.

In a function held at the JAC auditorium here Education Minister Jaggarnath Mahto declared the results. Compared to the previous year this time the results have improved by 75.01 percent as last year 75.01 percent students had cleared the exams while this year the pass percentage is 95.93 percent.

Students can see their result on www.jac.jharkhand.gov.in. However this time the Jharkhand Academic Council has announced that it will not declare the names of the toppers. This year 4.25 lakh students had appeared in the exams.

JAC has adopted the formula of 80:20 to prepare the results which means 80 percent marks have been given on the basis of marks obtained in class 9th and the remaining 20 percent is based on internal assessment or marks obtained in practical exams. To prepare the results a four member committee was also formed at the school level.

The JAC had conducted the practical exams for matric and intermediate students between July 23 and 26. A total of 4.33 lakh students had done their registration for the exams out of which 4.15 lakh students have been declared passed.

Among the students 2,70,931 have passed in first division, 1,33,924 in second division and another 11,069 in third division. After 10th results JAC is likely to announce the results of 12th board on July 31.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.