Daltonganj, Jun 7: In a massive fire which erupted at the Lesligunj Market of the Palamu district 35 shops were destroyed while a shop owners who was sleeping inside his shop also died in the incident.
Police sources said that the fire which took place late Tuesday Night was caused due to short circuit. The flames were doused with the help of the locals and the fire fighter engines. Upon receiving the information Panki MLA Devendra Singh, JMM leader Sashibhushan Mehta and Zilla Parishad president Prabha Devi too reached on the spot.
Palamu SP Inderjeet Mahtha said that the flames were contained with the help of the locals and fire fighters. He said that many shop keepers were rescued during the night itself however the shop owner who lost his life died as his shop was locked from inside and due to rising flames he was charged to death.
Later the body of the deceased was sent to post-mortem to Daltonganj Sadar Hospital.